Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hail Hath No Fury Like a Thunderstorm in Spring

Check out these pictures from a storm we had here a couple of weeks ago. Boy that wind was blowin'! I thought the Bradford Pear tree might snap in half...but no such luck (I'm not a fan of the ever popular Bradford Pear, I'm afraid). The very next time I see that blasted Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel acting all excited and disturbed over a piddly little Tropical Storm down south, I'm sending him these pictures.
I've been through a few Tropical Storms. This little thunder/hail storm put them to shame. (Now a hurricane? That's a whole other matter....)
Here's Randey holding a little piece of hail from that storm.
Luckily, our vehicles didn't receive any damage. Kaleb's on the other hand, was beat up pretty badly. (I kept meaning to take pictures, but I forgot!) He was at work during the storm. It's amazing how much damage was done to his car while ours escaped scot-free - and they were parked only 4 miles apart! That hefty little insurance check he received help ease his pain just a bit, though....he is his father's child, after all.


8 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks pretty ferocious!! Weather, it's an amazing thing!!!
    Bless....
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that weather :)

    Hey! Thank you for the card and believe book!!! I ♥ it. You are the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm surprised the Bradford didn't snap, since they are prone to being pretty brittle..at least around here.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Those little buggers could hurt. Sorry that the pear tree survived. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate those kinds of storms,that is head for the basement kind.

    That's my story ......

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been getting those same storms here! Could ya'll stop sending them our way PLEASE? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You got storm and hail, big time!

    "The very next time I see that blasted Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel acting all excited and disturbed over a piddly little Tropical Storm down south, I'm sending him these pictures."

    -giggles- You are so cute... ,-))))

    'Miss' Mari-Nanci
    'Smilnsigh' blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wish for the rain, and not the noise and light show...and please NO HAIL! But so far, no rain hail or noise and light show...hope your weather stays decent!
    love
    Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love to hear what you have to say!