Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Latte Obsession

I am obsessed with this espresso/latte maker. Despite popular belief, this was not an impulse buy either. Randey and I had looked at this machine one day while we were at StarBucks. We checked it out for awhile, debated if it was really any good and if it was worth the price. We couldn't reach a decision, but we talked about it for most of that day. I sure did want a good espresso maker. We'd bought several of the "Mr. Coffee Cheap Home Versions". They weren't that great. The first one we bought was okay, I guess, but I think it was actually the novelty of having homemade latte that made it seem better than it was. Randey and I had agreed that we were done with buying the cheesy ones. But anybody who knows me knows how cheap I am when it comes to shelling out money. This was a tough decision for me. Well, Randey goes TDY for a few days and I found myself thinking about this machine again. I got online and did a little research. Turns out, this machine actually got great reviews. And what's just as important, StarBucks got rave reviews for their level of customer service for those who had questions about this machine. So there I sat. Randey out of town. The internet telling me what a great machine this was. My debit card screaming "I'm here for you, babe". I did the only thing I could do. I went and bought it. And I am so glad I did! This thing is so easy to use, makes fabulous espresso, foams milk like nobody's business and is sitting right there on my kitchen counter so I can make myself a latte anytime, day or night! How great is that? I kept the box it came in. At first, I kept it just in case I needed to return it. Now I keep it because anytime I go out of town for more than 2 days, I'm bringing my machine with me. It's become one of those things I don't want to be without. It's, well....., an obsession for me now.

1 comment:

  1. And do you go to Starbucks
    a.less?
    b. The same, but have coffee everyday instead of occasionally
    c. more, because they sell the stuff you like and you need to get some at least every week because it only works fresh and you can't justify the purchase of a grinding machine yet because, hey, well, you just bought an expresso machine.
    I'm guessing somewhere between b and c.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love to hear what you have to say!